Friday, February 17, 2012

There's an app for that...Garageband




Garageband for iPad is an amazing app that every music therapist should have.  It is great for creating your own songs, songs with clients, or playing some awesome virtual instruments.  Above I have taken a picture of a song that I covered.  I layered several recordings of my voice a capella to create "May It Be" from the Lord of the Rings soundtrack.  There are so many options.  I could have created background music by playing guitar, drums, or piano.  There are also different loops to choose from.  For this recording I decided to just use my voice.  I created the melody line at the top, the high background underneath, and the lower background at the bottom.  The two small recording were just some additions I made to make the voices last longer at the end.  It was a lot of fun creating this!  Below I have a video montage that I created for my husband for Valentine's Day.  He kept asking me to sing this song because he liked the way my voice fit.  So I gave it to him as a gift!  Click play below to here what Garageband helped me create.


No comments:

Post a Comment