Friday, September 30, 2011

There's an App for that.....Echo String



The other day I was looking through harp apps and I stumbled upon a great one!  This app is called Echo String.  It has some really pretty sounds and a lot of different options.  You can only pluck a couple strings at a time if you like, you can play chords, you can play sample songs, and much more.  I love the sample songs such as "Mary Had a Little Lamb."  I currently have the free version which serves my purposes of the I-IV-V chords and plucking individual strings.  Here is a video I found on youtube featuring the paid version.  What I notice that is different are the numbers of chords on the string and different sample songs that are available.


So with this app, I found many different clinical uses.  First of all, I use my iPad with one client primarily as a reward.  This is a great reward for them!  I also use this app for fine motor skills.  It is a little bit challenging to hit the strings individually without missing them, but I believe that makes it better for the students to work hard at hitting them.  Of course when you strum the harp it is very easy to play.  Also, this app can be used for social interaction with other clients.  It could be used between two partners taking turns playing their own solos.  In my next blog, I will talk about another harp app that I love!

Comment below if you can think of other ways in which this app could be used for clients or therapists!

No comments:

Post a Comment