Thursday, October 13, 2011

There's an app for that......Songwriter's Pad



Today I will be sharing with you one of my most constantly used apps.  Songwriter's Pad is a Godsend!  The reason I love this app so much is because I can jot down my song ideas anywhere.  Today, I wrote a song in the car while waiting for the other session to begin.  It is a very handy tool to have with you for those moments when a great idea pops into your head.  Don't you hate it when you think of the melody to a song and then you forget it a few minutes later?  This won't happen to you if you have this app.  Not only can you jot down your verses, chorus, bridge, etc, you can also record audio in the same screen!  It piles all of you information together to make it a handy way to look at chords, words, and listen to your song's audio.  I have done this so many times.  I think of the song, record it first, then write down the words and chords later.  In a time crunch this is perfect.

Within the app, there is a great tool for rhyming.  Say you are trying to find a word that rhymes with "me".  Go up to the tab that says Rhymes and presto!  You have yourself a list of words that rhyme with "me".  Say you want to know what a word means, go to the Dictionary tab.  Or if you want to look up words or phrases in a specific topic, go to Words or Phrases.  Topics you can click on can be in the following categories: love, hate, happy, sad, desire, anger, hope, fear, and silly.  It will give you tons of phrases that relate.  If you pick the topic love, an example phrase would be, "head over heels in love", "I'm a fool for your love", "nothing like a girl in love", or "your eternal love".  These came straight from that category.  Another great thing is that you can section your song by clicking verse, chorus, bridge, outro, or custom.  And of course what would an app like this be without a sync button.  As you can see, I am definitely a fan of this app!  See the video below for a demonstration of the app.

2 comments: